Project Manager - Pension - 9705
Consulting client on the lookout for a strong project manager on the pension side. Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience, be at least an ASA and working on FSA. Experience with public sector and/or multiemployer would also be a big plus.
Provide pension consulting/actuarial services for various types of pension plans.
Review actuarial results from the beginning of the process to finished product.
• Multi-task across several projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Analyze and explore data and results for accuracy/issues, ensure data is appropriate, develop questions as necessary
• Reconcile and review pension valuation results including review of liabilities, sample lives, detailed gains/loss analysis, pricing tools and projection models
• Manage team/projects on-budget/on-time
• Assist in preparing pension reports including updating existing documents for new results, updating analysis, creating results and client presentations
• Review plan documents and perform/review benefit calculations/statements
• Some experience presenting actuarial pension results to clients
• Ability to work on multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Enjoys analyzing the results and digging into the numbers for accuracy (hands on).
• ASA with intention to complete FSA
• Must have experience with all aspects of pension plans, preferably multiemployer and/or public sector experience
• Must have experience with pension plan actuarial valuations
• Must have experience reviewing actuarial results in detail
Enjoys being involved at multiple levels of pension consulting work
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to communicate complex actuarial issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience
• Participate in client and internal client team meetings
• Must be able to manage complex projects and clients o Manage deadlines and develop methodologies that work within deadlines and client-set budgets
• Excels at managing and communicating personal workflow
• Oversees the work of analysts as well as mentor and train staff
• Communicates and works cooperatively with junior analysts and senior consultant