SAS Programmer - REMOTE Health-9403
Do you love working with large data sets? We have a rapidly growing client that is looking for Data talent to join an internal Data Science team. This team supports an industry leading firm of Actuarial Consultants. We are looking for an individual that has extensive SAS programming skills and who can help work/talk through data challenges. This is an individual contributor role for someone who loves to play with large data sets and who can effectively communicate the data process.
· Seeking 3+ years of experience working with SAS and SQL (health insurance exposure a huge plus)
· Under the direction of the Healthcare Data Manager, the Healthcare SAS Programmer will be charged with querying and disseminating large data sets in both SAS and SQL Server.
· This role will be in direct support of consultants across the firm and will have exposure to many kinds of interesting analyses.
· Understand complex data sets and interpret data dictionaries to fully leverage data resources.
· Communicate complex queries and work with teams to understand what they need from data resources.
· Develop methods to query resources effectively and efficiently.
· Prepare and conduct presentations on findings as a result of analysis
· Integrate information from multiple sources
· Make recommendations for future analysis
· Demonstrate ability to work independently
· Experience working with healthcare data and working with healthcare claims data would be a significant plus.
· Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheet applications, project management and statistical software packages