Sr. Actuarial Analyst or Associate Actuary - Health - 9770
Consulting Firm’s health practice is seeking candidates to assist consulting actuaries in managing projects for a diverse and expanding client base. Applicants will have the option to work out of the Northeast or Southeast regions.
· Contributes to client projects through building and/or updating spreadsheets, programming and checking code, reviewing and documenting work.
· Requires the ability to work on several projects at once and interact effectively with clients and colleagues.
· Increased role in projects with a progression towards project oversight and review.
· Progression toward FSA designation is strongly encouraged.
· Review, organize and analyze statistical data.
· Develop and utilize actuarial models.
· Analyze healthcare costs and utilization data.
· Near ASA or ASA designation.
· 3+ years of relevant experience, with significant experience in the healthcare field.
· Knowledge of various aspects of healthcare actuarial practice, including pricing, reserving, and forecasting. Experience with Medicare Advantage bid pricing or ACA pricing is a plus.
· Strong communication skills, including oral presentations and written reports.
· Proficiency with spreadsheets and database applications (e.g., Excel, SAS, SQL).
· Sharp critical thinking skills, sound judgment and decision making ability, and both the ability and willingness to clearly articulate your ideas.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-pace environment where the client is always first.