Sr Actuarial Developer - Valuation - Life - REMOTE - 9775
In this role, you will be a key member of the actuarial valuation team responsible for maintaining technology-driven actuarial processes used to produce, analyze, and review reserves and related financial information. In addition to the maintenance and development of core reporting processes, you will have the opportunity to solve unique and complex problems with an aim towards supporting team projects and improving valuation procedures. This will often involve participating in cross-functional projects and working closely with key stakeholders across the company.
- Valuation process maintenance
- Research and implementation
- Valuation process & reporting
-BS/BA in Actuarial Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
-FSA or ASA preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in data and technology space with one to two years’ experience in implementing and maintaining modern data solutions within cloud architecture in either AWS or Azure ecosystem
- Minimum one year of professional experience with programming languages such as Python, R, or Spark using version control / GIT. Python experience required
- Minimum one year of version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Prior experience with database administration and writing code for querying data using SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Database capabilities (SQL, Python), including programming and integrating with the cloud
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong self-motivation and attention to detail