Sr. Actuarial Pension Analyst - REMOTE - 9599
Non-traditional group who works within the public sector looking to add an experienced Pension and/or OPEB actuary to their growing organization. Candidates ideally will be striving to become a credentialed actuary (ASA or FSA, and/or Enrolled Actuary) so they can eventually sign off on reports. Still willing to consider non-examers as well if the right fit. Looking for candidates with a drive for innovation and growth that will complement the exciting expansion that the company is currently experiencing. This group provides actuarial software suites and valuations to public sector clients.
• Understand how to create and use firm's Pension software products.
• Process and organize data and other inputs for software builds.
• Assist with construction and delivery of software products.
• Perform Pension modeling consulting projects under supervision of Pension Actuary.
• Perform assigned tasks relative to project delivery dates independently.
• Assist OPEB Team from time to time on similar tasks above.
• Work closely with others on the Development team to develop content requirements for upcoming releases.
• Support Development team ongoing throughout development cycle.
• Assist with Client Relationship Management (CRM) work with existing clients.
• Update / develop new and existing Excel workbooks, including VBA macros.
• Bachelor’s degree majoring in mathematics, statistics, or another major with quantitative course work.
• Experience performing actuarial valuations for various types of pension plans.
• Understand basics of pension funding for public retirement plans a plus.
Candidates who enjoy solving puzzles tend to thrive in this environment.
Looking for 2-4 years of relevant experience including working knowledge of pension plan design, administration, funding and accounting.
Experience with OPEB/retiree medical plans a plus.
Programming experience in Python, GitHub a bonus.
Opportunity to join a non-traditional pension firm and really make a difference to clients by providing them with proprietary software that gives them knowledge they wouldn't otherwise have access to. Work is very different and offers a variety day to day that traditional firms can't offer.
Work/life balance and flexible schedules where you can set your own time.