Sr. Actuarial Specialist - Pension - 9541
Non-Profit organization with outstanding benefits looking to add a Senior Actuarial Specialist to their inhouse actuarial group. This organization was recognized as one of the Chicago areas best and brightest companies to work for. This role will support and perform actuarial valuations and related calculations for very large as well as small pension plans. The specialist will also support credentialed actuaries and others in the organization in a variety of actuarial-related capacities. Ideal candidate will be pursuing actuarial exams and progressing towards credentials, although also open to good experience and not pursuing exams as well. Looking for this individual to work onsite 1 to 2 days a week. Not open to fully remote at this time.
Duties to include:
· Assists in performing actuarial valuations and related calculations of very large pension plans (approximately 25,000 participants; $3 billion assets/liabilities) and small, unusual pension plans (fewer than 20 participants), subject to review by credentialed actuaries.
· Manipulates, edits, and prepares large amounts of data for actuarial calculations.
· Assists credentialed actuaries in complex benefit calculations, responding to audit requests, performing economic projections and funded status estimates, and preparing presentation materials.
· Supports benefits administration groups and/or IT in implementing or updating products and services (e.g., client mergers, actuarial equivalence changes).
· 1+ years of relevant pension actuarial experience including experience with pension calculations and actuarial valuations.
· 1+ years of experience at an intermediate to advanced level with Excel, Access and/or other database applications.
· Demonstrated ability to apply mathematical theory, including calculus, statistics, etc.