Sr. Data Analyst-Remote-9044
Insurer in the Midwest has a need for a Senior Data Analyst. This role will serve as the #2 person within the Analytics and Modeling department. The incumbent could be coming from a Data Science/Analytics or P&C Actuarial background. This role will support complex data and analytics needs in sales, product management, finance, actuarial, underwriting and modeling departments. There will be responsibility for advanced data management, IT related issues, reporting & monitoring, data-based analytics. For the right person, this role can be 100% remote.
· Locate, profile, cleanse, map, import and merge data from various sources
· Design analytical tools, develop monitoring reports and use statistical techniques to extract information from data in order to improve operational performance and business profitability
· Evolve and build the data warehouse by understanding data and analytics needs
· Train, mentor, and lead other data specialists. Serve as a positive role model of excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and teamwork skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or information systems field, and/or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
· 4+ years’ experience in the financial industry with data science, data mapping, integration, database design and analytical reporting. Experience in the P&C Insurance industry strongly preferred. P&C Actuarial backgrounds are welcomed.
· Advanced SQL. SAS strongly preferred. Expertise in harvesting XML or relatively unstructured data strongly desired. Python, Java, C#, or R is a plus.
· Proven mastery and continuous learning of data and analytical software critical.
· Strong Communication skills with the proven ability to work and communicate effectively on cross-functional, internal and external teams.
· Knowledge of statistical software is required.