Sr. Staff Actuary -LTC (Remote)-9214
Insurance Company in the Midwest has a need for a Senior Staff Actuary. The incumbent will provide technical analysis and support by supervising, developing and enhancing a variety of complex actuarial models and reviewing work done by team. This role will have 2 direct reports. Client will prefer local candidates who can come in the office periodically. However, for the right candidate, a more full-time remote scenario can be offered.
Manage, prepare, perform and communicate results of actuarial, financial, and risk analyses to peers and upper management.
Lead complex projects and develop innovative solutions considering the impact of the market and other non-actuarial forces. Serve as the subject matter expert on projects.
• Support the Corporate Actuarial group with a focus on analyzing Long-Term Care & Disability Insurance reserves.
Support initiatives to implement GAAP Targeted Changes (LDTI) and to understand and transition GAAP and Statutory reserve calculations to a new modeling platform.
Provide technical analysis and support by supervising, developing and enhancing a variety of complex actuarial models, applying business insight in designing models.
Provide people leadership to actuarial staff. Manage performance, seek professional development opportunities for each direct report and provide the coaching and feedback necessary to have a high performing team.
Professionally accountable for statements of actuarial opinion (SAOs).
• FSA or near FSA with 6 years of actuarial experience.
Long Term Care experience is ideal. Candidates with Disability Income experience will also be considered.
• Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues, influencing customers on recommendations and analysis results.
Prior supervisory experience is preferred
• Experience with MS Excel, VBA, MS Access, and other database applications.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.