VP Corporate Actuarial (M&A)-8435
Client in the Midwest is seeking a VP Actuary for their Corporate department. The incumbent will serve as an integral part of the Corporate Development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Leading valuation workstream on M&A deals, working closely with internal and external resources
· Assessing actuarial due diligence topics and their possible impact on deal structuring and valuation
· Working closely with Actuarial and Finance teams to measure transaction impact from a GAAP and Stat financial perspective
· Assisting in the preparation of internal and external materials related to transactions
· Minimum ASA with progress towards FSA and MAAA preferred
· 7-10 years of experience in financial reporting within a life insurance capacity
· GAAP and Stat financial statements and a strong modelling background
· Ability to perform in a fast-paced M&A environment
· Prior use of MoSes and other actuarial reporting systems
This role will entail originating and executing on possible whole company and block acquisitions, potential business partnerships and alternative distribution relationships. It is expected that this individual will lead valuation and financial analysis of potential transactions, working closely with senior leadership and other members of the Corporate Development, Actuarial and Finance teams. This role will have significant interaction with deal teams, executive management, external parties, etc.