According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (1), the employment of actuaries is projected to grow 21% from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. This is due to an increasing need for personnel to help companies manage financial risk, as well as by insurance companies that need to analyze large amounts of customer data. About 2,400 openings for actuaries are projected each year, on average, over the decade (1).
It is anticipated the following actuarial disciplines will be in high demand going forward:
- Global Actuary: An actuary who can work across different markets and navigate the complexities of worldwide regulations, standards, and practices. These actuaries are increasingly in higher demand as the insurance industry becomes more and more interconnected worldwide.
SC International prides ourselves on a wide range of opportunities. Visit our Jobs page to see positions related to Global Actuaries.
- Data science and predictive analytics: Actuaries with these skills are increasingly in high demand, as they can help extrapolate more accurate risk assessments and pricing models data. They will help insurance companies identify trends and patterns that can inform strategic decision-making (2).
SC International’s team of talented professionals will connect you with the organizations looking to bring Actuaries on with these skills.
Where are these Jobs going to be located?
The location of actuary jobs may vary depending on the type and size of the employer, as well as the availability and demand of actuarial talent in different regions. However, some states that have a high concentration of insurance actuary jobs are New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Illinois, and California (3). These states also have some of the highest annual salaries for insurance actuaries.
Using SC International as your recruiter can offer many advantages that can enhance your professional and personal life. It can help you find more opportunities, save time and effort, improve your skills, grow your network, and enjoy your profession more.
Contact SC International today at 630-963-3033 and discover the difference we can make for you! We look forward to hearing from you.
(1) Insurance Actuary Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com. https://www.indeed.com/q-Insurance-Actuary-jobs.html.
(2) Actuarial science – Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actuarial_science.
(3) Actuarial Jobs – Allianz.com. https://careers.allianz.com